I was eating my usual breakfast of Frosted Mini Wheats this morning when I bit something extra crunchy.... unfortunately it wasn't a mini wheat... it was my tooth.
Yes, I broke my tooth!
At first it didn't bother me, it was kind of numb. But shortly after, it began to throb. It was a HUGE chunk!
I called the dentist and they got me in at 9am. My boss, bless her heart, let me go. I am lucky enough to still have a number of baby teeth... no permanent teeth to come in.. so they never fell out. The broken tooth was a baby tooth, and it was absessed (spelling?) and it couldn't be saved (gasp!) so it had to be pulled. Loads of novicane later.... I am one tooth lighter.
I worked most of the day with a half numb face and loads of gauze in my mouth! The kids were a little concerned! They kept asking to see the tooth... the dentist let me keep it. :)
What a day.
In other news... March for Babies is only 45 days away... if you can donate please do! If you know anyone who might want to donate, send them to my webpage
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ouch! Glad you got it taken care of so fast. I remember working at Tutor Time, chewing on gum when I cracked a tooth. Ended up needing a root canal. Big bucks!
Yay! I have all kinds of missing teeth, too! And I still have lots of baby teeth sticking around.
Post a Comment