Monday, March 23, 2009

It's been a long time coming


I have been the worst blogger ever as of late. I could probably think of a million excuses that are really interesting, but my brain is tired.
Saturday March 14th we headed to Detroit to celebrate my mom's birthday. Mom and I went to the mall. Tim helped the Step-Dad with some home improvement. He is such a good guy!
The trip to the mall was fun. It is always nice to hang with mom. Southland is no Rivertown Crossing... but it'll do. :)
We ate Maurice Salads (without ham of course) at The Lakeshore Grill inside Macy's. We used to go there when I was a kid and it was Hudson's. Good memories. It's all in the dressing.
Later we went out to Coach Insignia, at the top of the RenCen, Downtown Detroit. The food was Excellent. The drinks were awesome. The view was amazing.
There was even a medical emergency while we were there. An older gentleman came out of the restroom and collapsed on the floor behind where we were sitting. EMS came and took him away. It was quite an ordeal. When we were leaving we heard he was in the hospital and that he was okay, but no one knew what had happened to him.
We headed to the Ritz-Carlton next for drinks and snacks. Delicious.
It was Tim's first trip Downtown. He enjoyed it. Next time we visit mom we are going to spend a little time in the city so he can see it a bit more. It really is a great place once you get past some of the not so great spots.
You can take a peak at the pictures from the weekend. I took pictures of the wonderful food we ate! My Grandma just can't understand why I take so many pictures!

No comments: