Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just Chillin

Things have been a little slow around here. I guess if you count a couple trips to Holland Hospital slow! Thursday morning I woke up around 3am with a raging migraine. By Friday morning after taking all the meds I could take it was still not gone. I called my Neurologist and his suggestion was to go to the ATU at Holland Hospital. The nurses were very nice during the hour that it took them to find a vein to put the IV in. I felt bad for them, they felt bad for me... we all felt bad. Then I got a bad of saline, some steroids and a pain killer. A couple hours later I went home ( I didn't drive, Andrea, bless her heart, sat with me through all the pokes!). The headache was not gone. UGH. We had plans to go to Ludington with Scott and Leslie and I didn't want to be a party pooper, and I figured I would feel great by Saturday so I got a pillow and a blanket and curled up in the backseat of the car.
Saturday morning I still had the headache! It finally went away sometime in the afternoon. Leslie and I ventured out to the Dollar Tree and Walmart in Ludington. I felt "weird" that is the only way I can explain it. I figured it was just the after effects of the meds from the previous day. The rest of the day I pretty much sat in a chair and watched tv. I was LOADS of fun!
Sunday began rather spin-tastic...... and it has been that way since. Everything is just spinning. Like when you get up too fast and have a head rush..... UGH!
So I took Monday off to try to rest.... and Tuesday it was worse.
Tim said ENOUGH. We are going to the Hospital. More pokes...... 6 times to get some blood! I just don't bleed! Diagnosis: Vertigo. Possibly from fluid behind my ear? I also have to see an Ear/Nose/Throat specialist for tests. AWESOME! I do know that Antivert tablets stop the spinning for about 5 hours, but make me TIRED.
Back to the couch I go!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry you ended up back at the hospital!! :( I hope you're feeling better now? at least they found out what was going on though - well hang in there and take care! :)