The Donut (I wish I knew how to link, for some reason I can't figure it out) tagged me to list my five favorite restaurant's. Actually her exact words (over the phone) were "Hey, I tagged you. But that would mean you actually have to blog." Yeah Yeah!!
So here it goes. It is hard for me to do this because EVERYTHING is my favorite!!! These are in no particular order.
1. Vitales. I love pizza, I love pasta. This little gem is found on "the island". For those of you not familiar with downriver, this said island is Grosse Ile. A lovely (quite crowded) little island off the "coast" of Detroit. I have been eating at Vitales since I was a kid. My grandma would always order in from there when we would stay with her. Gnocchi is THE BEST!
2. Pietros. More Italian. This fabulous restaurant used to have three locations. One of which was in Downtown Holland. Recently this location, along with another closed. This made me sad. But there is still one open in Grand Rapids. They have the best bread and dipping oil. Apparently it is a mix of EVOO and Canola. It is friggin fantastic. Wood fired pizzas rock. Pasta dishes are FAB.
3. New Holland Brewing Company. Found in Downtown Holland, this place first off has the BEST beer around. Zoomer.... delicious. I recently tried the hard apple cider also, heaven in a glass. NHBC defiantly has the BEST spinach/artichoke dip in the state of Michigan, I know, I have tried LOTS. The pepperoni rolls are SO good. The red mojo sauce is fantastic. You can make your own "strom bomb", I recommend, tomatos, artichokes and banana peppers. I also recommend the NHBLT. Chipotle mayo...... YUM-O.
4. Mexican Gardens. MG forever. I have yet to find a mexican restaurant in west Michigan that is as good. There are two, Tres Lobos and Taco Fiesta, that a comparable, but they are no MG. Always get cheese enchiladas. Remember, black is hot, white is mild.
5. Noodles & Company. Alright, so I know this isn't a fancy sit down place. You order your food at the counter and they bring it out to you. But what could be better than a place called Noodles?!!! They have so many neat dishes to choose from. I always try something new. I am pretty sure I have eaten just about everything on the menu. Pesto Cavatappi, Mac and Cheese, and the Tomato/Cucumber salad are my favorites. I have no complaints about anything I have eaten there. It is good. It is fast. You can get it to go. They have Nantucket Nectar. I am hungry..............
Who shall I tag? I am not even sure if anyone reads my blog!!!
hmmmmm.....
Goedge
The Hippy
Wesley
Leslie
Andrea (you can post in the comments)
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment