Sunday, October 31, 2010

Could things BE any busier?

Hello all!
I am not even sure when it was that I last posted something to the ol' blogger.  I have been working 2 jobs, going to school full time, and of course..... pregnant!
We discovered our wonderful news on the morning of Sunday August 29.  I had been feeling off.  Tim and I went to breakfast at the Windmill Resturant downtown... delish.  On the way home I jokingly mentioned we should stop for a pregnancy test.  So we did.  I took the first test and quickly it had 2 lines.....  I screamed.  Tim thought the dog had gotten hurt.  :)  I ran upstairs test in hand and said LOOK!  He said, well, one line means no.  I said, it has TWO lines!!!  He looked at me in disbelief and said, GO TAKE ANOTHER ONE.  3 tests.  3 positive results.  One exciting morning!
Things have been okay.  My migraines have gotten 100 times worse.  Nothing helps.  I have been back and forth to the doctor.  My ob said hopefully it would get better in the second trimester.  So far, one week in and no change.  Fingers crossed.
The offical due date is May 4.  We are so excited.  Even bought the crib and dresser.  Of course I found them on cleareance and had a 20% off coupon.... so why not!
Other joys to share.  The family went to Vegas a few weeks ago to see my sister Laura get married.  Totally fun!  My other sister Katie is getting married in September.  So much news!
I promise I will try to update more often.  Don't give up on me!
I almost forgot......  duh!  Did you all know Tim started his own store?  Well ya do now!  Powderhorn Guns and Archery on the corner of Douglas (Ottawa Beach) and River in Holland.  Things are going well.  I could not be prouder of my husband.  He has a smile on his face every day when he goes to work.  You couldn't ask for more than that!!

2 comments:

heidi said...

this is awesome. I love your story about your pregnancy tests! I hope your migranes get better & you can enjoy your pregnancy!

Em said...

Thanks Heidi! I didn't mention in the story that 2 days later I took another 2 tests.... just to be sure I was still pregnant.... ;) It is just so hard to believe at first! :)