This recipe is great with plain ol' burger (although that is not a meat we know in this house!) or anything you have leftover.....
Venison Stroganoff
1 lb meat
1/4 cup margarine/butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder (I often use garlic salt and skip on the regular salt)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can (8oz) mushroom pieces (optional)
1 can (10.5oz) cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 package egg noodles
Cook noodles as directed.
Meanwhile: Brown meat, drain if necessary.
Add: flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and mushrooms (if using). Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Stir in soup and Butter, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
Stir in sour cream, hear thoroughly-DO NOT OVER BOIL!
Add to noodles.

2 comments:
Ha...THANK YOU! Venison is all we have left in the freezer as far as meat goes so I was trying to come up with something for this evening. Then I just happened to check your blog. Good timing.
Also, you should post recipes more often...I know Tim is blessed to have a wonderful fiance who is a wonderful cook!
http://kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-03-06T20%3A09%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7
Here is a link to a girl who started a blog just of recipes she has tried and liked. She has fun and easy ones along with nice pictures.
Post a Comment