The doorbell rang at work today, I went to answer it. There stood this woman.
Me: HI! Can I help you?
Woman: Yeah, I came to fill out an application, I called yesterday.
Me: Okay, great! Let me go and find our director to come and talk to you.
Woman: Yeah, Uh-huh.
As I am walking away I can't help but think about how un-friendly this young woman is coming across. Maybe it is just me, but when you arrive somewhere to get an application, aren't you all smiles, and pleases and thank yous? Or is that just me? The other thing that is troublesome to me is that she is wearing pajamas. Yes, that is right. I said pajamas. As far back as I can remember, when going to look for a job, I dressed up. No matter where I was going. Good impressions are key!!
Later in the day, I walked out the door to take some trash out, I passed a girl sitting in a chair filling out an application. She was wearing: BLUE FUZZY FLIP-FLOP SLIPPERS. I am NOT lying. Seriously?
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The damn kids today with their MTV and iPods (ding!) and Crocs... they just don't know!
Ding! But I do like my Crocs.....
RIDICULOUS!! How can they not know how stupid they look!?!?!
soooo I'm assuming that you wore your slippers and pjson friday right??? LOL!
I missed you this weekend!!!
some peoples' kids, i swear...not normal!!! oh and yes, you may post a link on your blog!!!
hope you and timmy are doing well! tell him thanks for the whiskey duh why didnt that occur to me?? i'll have to keep him in mind for other parenting advice....or not... :)
Post a Comment