Sunday, July 06, 2008

Overwhelming








Time to get back to reality. Don't you hate having to get back to your real life after a great vacation? I sure do.
Tuesday evening: Chloe, George and I loaded up in the car and headed north. "Next stop... Grandpa and Grandma's" "Are we there yet?" These are two phrases I heard a number of times.
Wednesday: Bad weather. Shopping in Traverse City.
Thursday: Beautiful weather. Bummed around. Relaxed. Shopped in Alden... my favorite store is there... The Alden Spice Mill. George got TOO much sun hanging in his pool in the front yard. This will forever be known as "the big burn of 08" Tim, Katie, Dustin, and Laura arrived about 2am.
Friday: The 4th dawned bright and beautiful! We loaded on the boat, and spent the day chillin on the sand bar and jet skiing. We had a DELICIOUS seafood extravaganza at the Resmer cottage. Fireworks, and the Pyrotechnic mother load (fireworks bought by Dan). It was a perfect day.
Saturday: Another perfect day. George and Les stayed out of the sun... the big burn was too much! The rest of us took the boat to Dan's. We had a "shore day". Jet Skiing, hanging out, eating, drinking. FUN! Chloe got to come and play in the water with her new friend Ramone. They were both exhausted by the end of the day.
This morning we packed up and headed south. Another lousy weekend in paradise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you all had fun! I thought of you when I watched Drillbit Taylor...hillarious movie!!! we should watch it some time...Skinny Josh is a bully!!! ahhhh! and there is a kid who wears a CATS teeshirt...I LOLed =)

Jenny said...

oh I'm jealous, Alden's Spice Mill. We'd go there every summer when we'd go up north to Clam Lake near Torch. The sandbar sounds pretty good too right now. Glad you had fun!

Heather said...

I am intrigued by this Spice Mill of which you speak. Do they sell... spices? Candles?

So glad that you had a lovely time!

Em said...

HSP: Yes, they sell spices.. and all kinds of other kitchen stuff that you didn't know you needed till you see it. They make all their own spice blends and dip mixes. they are THE BEST. Once you have their Malabar Pepper you will never buy ordinary black pepper from the market again! I LOVE that place. They have a website. google it.