Saturday, March 04, 2006

A man and his horse

I often talk of how bored I can be living in the "sticks". Today however was fairly entertaining. Only in Fenntucky could you watch your neighbors chase their horse around the "neighborhood". Those of you who know where I live know that the neighborhood consists of few houses and lots of trees. Our dog was in the kitchen by the door and starts growling like she wants to go out. Then she starts this loud ferocious (as Chloe can be) barking. Adam goes in the kitchen to see what is up and I hear him say, "Calm down Chloe, it is just a man. It looks like he is after a horse." As if there is a man after a horse in our yard EVERYDAY. I am curious by this statement and I pause Sex and The City and walk into the kitchen and sure enough there is our neighbor walking along our property line and his horse (which we didn't even know he had) was just beyond our property. His daughter comes running around the other side of our house and they start to walk slowly towards the horse, it looks at them, turns and trots away, rounds the neighbor behind us house, and looks back at them running after him, I swear he was laughing at them, "haha, you silly bastards, you will never catch me." He then ran into the orchard between our house and Grandma Skinners and they tried to "push him out". It took about 45 minutes or so before they finally came walking down the street with the horse. It was entertaining. "And you said nothing ever happens here!"

No comments: