Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Happy Thanksgiving

We hosted dinner at our house. It was a small affair. Adam and I, my dad, step-mom, step-sister, and her boyfriend. It was fun. Very relaxed and very UNSTRESSFUL. I was very happy with the turn out. Much food was consumed and is still being consumed.
Leslie and I woke up at 6am to begin the cooking.... 6am! It was REALLY early! I mean I usually get up at 6am, but not after staying up until 1:30am drinking beer and chattin it up with the fam.
I think the dog has gained about 15lbs today. She is fat and sassy now.
The weather here is SUPER. Lovin the wind. But, I have no where to be, so as the song says... Let it snow!!
Nice and quiet Thanksgiving. I am thankful for: My husband, my dog&cat, my family, my wonderful friends, my health, and my job.
Mindy and her BF are playing Trivial Pursuit. Everyone else is watching A Knights Tale
George (my nephew) is playing on the treadmill, that kid has been walking on that thing since he was old enough to walk, it is hilarious. I have no idea what the draw is... he will just walk for hours... and he will go faster and faster. Once when he was really little Adam and I were babysitting and Adam was in the bathroom and I was cooking dinner and George was in the living room, all of a sudden I heard the sound of the treadmill, I called to him and asked what he was doing, "I'm marching Auntie Em" (that is what he used to call walking on the treadmill) and as Adam started to walk through the kitchen I heard the sound getting louder, which of course means the machine is getting faster. I then hear "Uncle Adam, Uncle Adam, help me". Adam gets into the living room and George is running as fast as his little two year old legs can move him and Adam gets to him and grabs him just before he goes through the wall. Fun times with George!

No comments: