Monday, October 03, 2005

Everybody wants Mr. Toads Wild Ride....

So this weekend was pretty fabulous. Minus the part where my nephew peed his pants in the backseat of my car (in his car seat) darn kid! After that little incident the weekend just got better. The wedding was nice. The 5 hour wait between the ceremony and the reception was a little long, but what can you do!! I was going to try and post some pics of the reception but my scanner was being not so nice and I don't have my personal computer boy here to fix it. So anyways.... After the ceremony HSP, her BF (who I will now refer to as Bob) and Adam and I got some Jimmy Johns (hooray) and went back to my mom's and watched "The Game" (if you don't know which game you must not be from MI). HSP and I got a little bored so we headed to the mall around half time. We had fun cruising the mall in our wedding attire (think Cher and D in Clueless) we even went to the food court and got smoothies!! After the game was over we still had some more waiting to do before the reception......... FINALLY it was time to go............. We arrived and found our table assignment....... Adam & Emily Skinner- Mr. Toads Wild Ride. For real, that was our table name. You can't get any better than that!!! We were seated with wonderful people. Dinner was excellent. The music was great. A DJ and a Big Band. We didn't see much of the Bride and Groom. They spent most of the night taking pics out in the hall. That is a bummer! They had cupcakes instead of a cake. They had ice cream... AND a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. I am not gonna lie, I want one in my house. Bob wants one on the train to Chicago for his birthday..... I told him I have a fondue pot........ Then after we danced and sang and caught up with old friends (some with ANNOYING voices) they brought out PIZZA....... would the fun ever end!!!! It was a fantastic wedding. Then of course we hit the bar afterwards. :)
Then Sunday we went to my dad's and he made beer can chicken...... once again the succulence was overwhelming..................
What a wonderful weekend, too bad Monday had to come.........

No comments: