Sunday, October 15, 2006

#1 in our hearts

As weekends go this one was fantastic. The Goedge made an appearance in West Michigan... probably the last until April seeing as how she has an aversion to cold and West Michigan. Hmmm... I think she should suck it up and get her ass back here..... soon.
The weekend went as follows:
Friday: Pizza and beer date with the hubby. Watched Midway, which is an old war movie for my film class. Both of us fell asleep during it.
Saturday: Awoke early to clean the house before the arrival of said Goedge. Went to Skinners to pick apples. Drank beer, ate pizza, watched the TIGERS WIN!!! Other activities.... Then we ventured to Casa de Wesley, Flo and (sleeping) Vanbergs. The Kramer was in town and it was awesome to see him. It was also awesome to see Wes and Flo. Two weekends in a row with Wesley sightings, am I dreaming? Some watermelon baseball was played in the alley, cigars were smoked, beer was consumed. We even walked to the cutest store called Marthas Vineyard. The clerk pointed me in the direction of Summer Solstice... she said that this beer kicks Oberon's ass...... sadly I have to say that it was just about the worst beer I have ever had.... so no, Oberon did not get it's ass kicked.
Sunday: Woke early to get to Grand Haven by 10:30. Made some stops on the way. Braylon is 1 tomorrow and there was to be a celebration today!! The Goedge and I took the boy on a walk so he would sleep and Ang could get ready for the party. Everyone arrived, Braylon was injured (poor little eye), presents opened, cake eaten...... and a worn out Uncle Adam and Aunt Emily headed back to Fennville. Tried to watch Midway again, and fell asleep, hmmm could that be a sign?
The Lions won, the Tigers won, Michigan won, MSU LOST. Can't beat it!

No comments: